Recipe by lazyme
This is a nice sandwich where you can also use leftover meat. You can make it as spicy as you choose by varying the amount of the jalapenos. To reduce the heat of the jalapenos remove the membranes and seeds.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a great sandwich. We really enjoyed it. I used 1 large jalapeno, it was perfect, for us. This recipe makes one tasty sandwich, the meat was tender while the veggies were crunchy, spicy and flavorful. All the components for a great lunch, thanks so much for sharing, I will be making it often.
- 8 ounces beef round tip steaks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, cut into rings
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet; reserve.
- Add beef round tip steaks to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes, turning once.
- Do not over cook.
- Season with salt, if desired.
- Place equal amounts of beef on roll bottoms; top with equal amounts of reserved onion mixture and tomato.
- Cover with roll tops.