Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
a very good gravy from beef broth...
Make and share this Onion-Mustard Gravy for British Bangers and Mash recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons kerry irish gold butter
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canorganic chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in the melted butter until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover the pan and cook until onions are caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Stir flour into the caramelized onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour red wine, chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce into the onion mixture; simmer until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.