Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 25 mins
With Passover coming up, I thought I would add this recipe for some variety to the dinner table.
Make and share this Onion Mushroom Potato Kugel recipe from Food.com.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onions over medium heat approximately 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and saute until browned.
- While onions and mushrooms are cooking, cut potatoes into large pieces and roughly mash.
- Stir broth in with potatoes, then add beaten eggs.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mushroom onion mixture, salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the potato mixture into a 8 x 8 square casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with remaining mushroom onion mixture, then with remaining potato.
- Smooth top of potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes or until top is firm and light golden at edges.