1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
With Passover coming up, I thought I would add this recipe for some variety to the dinner table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water.
- 2Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until very tender.
- 3Drain and cool slightly.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F
- 5Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 6Saute onions over medium heat approximately 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Add mushrooms and saute until browned.
- 8While onions and mushrooms are cooking, cut potatoes into large pieces and roughly mash.
- 9Stir broth in with potatoes, then add beaten eggs.
- 10Stir in 1/2 cup mushroom onion mixture, salt and pepper.
- 11Spoon half of the potato mixture into a 8 x 8 square casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- 12Top with remaining mushroom onion mixture, then with remaining potato.
- 13Smooth top of potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- 14Bake uncovered for 50 minutes or until top is firm and light golden at edges.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Mushroom Potato Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 286.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g