Recipe by machenzie'smumma10
Delicious Meatloaf recipe passed down from my mother and father. So tender, so tasty.
- 2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, plus more for top
- 1 teaspoon oregano, plus more for top (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 9 slices American cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 small vidalia onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced button mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Place hamburger in a large bowl and add eggs with 1/2 cup ketchup. Fold gently to assure you will have a tender meatloaf. Add breadcrumbs, oregano, mushrooms and onion after egg and ketchup mixture is finely folded with hamburger.
- Take half of the meatloaf mixture and place into a baking dish and add 9 slices of cheese evenly on the first layer. After cheese has been placed, add the second half of the mixture on top of the cheese. Put 3 tablespoons of ketchup on top and criss cross with a fork to spread it evenly over the top layer. Sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano over the top layer with ketchup and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Take meatloaf out and let rest, then cut serve and enjoy!