Recipe by Cookin-jo
Getting more spinach into our diet is something I've been working on lately, but not everyone likes just plain spinach. This recipe adds spinach to fried onions and mushrooms. The balsamic vinegar is wonderful but substitute a splash of lemon juice if you like. Easily doubled.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook tag game and this is such an easy and delicious recipe. I followed the instructions except I only had portabella mushrooms so I sliced two up (I also removed the gills) and added to the mixture. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly lengthwise (any kind of onion you like)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a medium saute pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add onions and mushrooms, stirring for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown, adding garlic halfway through.
- Add spinach and stir a minute or two, until spinach is just wilted.
- Remove from heat and add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.