Recipe by karen
These just sound like something I would enjoy with a nice meat or chicken dinner. The recipe comes from The Original Vidalia Onion Cookbook, which was included in a box of onions I received as a gift years ago.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten well
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt margarine in frying pan and saute onions until translucent.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and sugar.
- Combine beaten egg and sour cream, then add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into muffin tin that is coated in cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.