Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the meat, onion soup mix, milk and egg together.
- Shape the mixture firmly into a loaf shape, in a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and spoon onto the loaf.
- Bake, uncovered, for about an hour.
- When done, remove the loaf to a plate and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve on a heated platter.
Pretty average meatloaf. Topping part a bit on the sweet side for me. Good perhaps, for people who can't eat wheat or are trying to cut down on carbohydrates (except for the brown sugar in the topping). Not good, but not bad either.