Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I had some left over caramelized onions from a pizza I had made and wanted to make something with it. I threw a few things together that I thought would go well together and it turned out great. The texture and taste is almost like a Sloppy Joe. You could use it like that and put it by itself on bread or just use it as a condiment, both of which I did. It might even make a good BBQ marinade if you make enough.
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat pan over medium-low heat.
- Caramelize onions and butter in the pan for about thirty minutes or until browned and softened, stirring occasionally.
- About two minutes before the onions are done, add two teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Put all of the ingredients, including the onions, into a blender of food processor.
- Pulse several times or until still barely chunky.