Recipe by Good Looking Cooking
There are a couple of recipes already posted for onion marmalade, however this one uses different spices which may appeal to different people..........by Donna Hay
- 8 brown onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 3 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients ,except the brown sugar into a saucepan over medium high heat
- Cover and rapidly simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar to the pan and cook, uncovered for an hour or until the onions are soft and the syrup has thickened.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal immediately.
- Serve on sandwiches, with roasted vegetables or meat.
- Can be kept sealed for up to 1 year. Once opened, store in the refrigerator for up to 8 weeks.