Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For the ZWT II.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageoven ready buttermilk biscuits, unbaked
- 2 large onions, sliced and sauteed in butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- poppy seed
- Line bottom of an 8 inch round layer cake pan with unbaked biscuits.
- Spread sauteed onion over the biscuits.
- Beat together egg and sour cream; spread this mixture over the biscuits.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 30 minutes at 375.
Wonderful recipe. So easy! I do recommend that you slice the onions into thin slices. Wait until they caramelize before putting them on top of the biscuits. Onion/Poppy Seed flavor rocks!
So easy and quick to make! Next time I will use less onion for our taste. I also used a glass square baking dish instead of round pan. Sliced this while warm and we had a nice tasting snack.