Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
This can be a "do ahead" if the onions and custard are prepared separatly then combined just before cooking. Anything that can be done ahead suites me just fine. Other spices could be added to the onion to give this a whole new dimention.
- 1 lb onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream (or half and half to reduce calories)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute onions in butter until transparent, 6-8 minutes .
- Place in a baking dish.
- Beat eggs until they are light, mix in cream and seasonings.
- Pour mixture over onions.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
An ex-boyfriend's Mom used to make this on Thanksgiving and I have been looking for the recipe for 8 years. Absolutely Perfect! Just like I remember.
I made this and baked it in a pie shell it was very good.It is good for brunch served with a salad