Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From TOH Cooking for 2 mag Winter 2007. I'm not a big fan of onions but these pork chops taste really good probably because the onions are cooked for so long.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 oz each)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion, broth, tarragon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In another skillet, brown chops over medium heat in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Spoon half of the onion mixture into a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; top with pork and remaining onion mixture. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over top.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Just made this tonight....sorry no picture because I was way too hungry to wait!! It was a really good recipe. I'm not crazy about pork chops, but boneless loin chops did sound good to me......and I love onions....DH would eat pork 3 or 4 times a week if I let him......so I tried this and it turned out very nice, only I would increase baking time a bit......our chops were about 3.5 oz. and about 1/2 in thick. After 25 min. just a bit pink in the middle, so I stuck it back in for 5 min. to make sure they were cooked through. I know all ovens are different. I'm just saying watch cooking time. Also, used panko bread crumbs and DH and I both agree it made a nice crunchy topping.