Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple and savory onion frittata. From The Vegetarian Epicure. Posted for ZWT 4, Italy.
Make and share this Onion & Herb Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and coarsely chop onions. Heath the olive oil in a skillet and saute the onions until slightly golden. Add the parsley, chives and basil, saute a few minutes more, stirring often.
- Beat the eggs lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir the onions and herbs one more time, then distribute evenly in the skillet. Lower the heat as much as possible and cook until the eggs are barely firm on top, 10-15 minutes on very low heat.
- Turn a large plate upside down over the skillet like a lid and overturn the skillet quickly, dropping the frittata onto the plate. Slide the frittata back into the skillet and brown the other side for a few minutes.
- Turn the frittata onto a serving plate and cut into wedges just before serving. It may be eaten hot, cool or at room temperature.
Oh so good! I halved the recipe, added 1/2 c sharp cheddar on top of the onions and instead of flippingm put it in the oven to finish for 10 min @ 350* This was wonderful!
I halved this recipe which resulted in a somewhat thinner frittata which I found difficult to turn over without breaking. That would be my fault for not using a correspondingly smaller pan. This makes a very tasty breakfast. The only change I would make would be to caramelize the onions for a more mellow flavor. Made for ZWT7.
Very nice breakfast dish, especially since I had all the herbs growing in the garden, talking about freshness, WOW! Very easy to make and great tasting to boot! Will definitely make this again. Made for ZWT7, Saucy Silverodes.