Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Herb bread with rosemary, garlic, and dill.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add milk, butter, sugar, rosemary, salt, dill, garlic powder, onion and 1 cup of flour.
- Beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the remaining flour and stir for about 1 minute. Place in a bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled about 30 minutes.
- Stir down raised batter in about 25 strokes.
- Spread into a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2" loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan; serve warm.
Very easy recipe. Delicious!