Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you love onion rings, you will enjoy these. Easier and quicker then traditional onion rings.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 cup flat beer
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, cut into slivers
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients except for onions, and mix well.
- Stir onions into batter.
- Using heat resistant metal tongs to place onion stacks into hot oil.
- Cook 3 minutes or until done.
We loved this. Very simple to make and the flavor was very good. I added a little more cayenne and some hot sauce because we like things spicy.