Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I make pizza all of the time and this is my favorite.
Make and share this Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Black Olive and Mushroom Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup warm water (100 degrees F)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups flour (can do half white and half wheat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 3 -4 white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 10 -15 black olives, smashed in half
- 4 ounces hunt tomato sauce with basil garlic and oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces vegan mozzarella cheese or 5 ounces vegan mozzarella cheese, sliced thin or 5 ounces equivalent shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese or 1 (12 ounce) bagshredded soy cheese (Veggie Mozzarella shreds)
- Mix water with yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl, set aside for 5 minutes to let it bloom.
- Add the garlic, oil, salt and herbs.
- Add about 1 1/2-2 cups flour, mix well.
- Pour onto a floured board, add remaining flour as needed,.
- knead for about 5 minutes (this dough is really soft).
- Cover with the mixing bowl.
- let rise about 20-30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, knead on lightly floured board, oil your pizza pan.
- Roll out dough in the pizza pan.
- Spread dough with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the herbs, these are approximate measurements, do to your taste please.
- Decorate with the green peppers, mushrooms, onions and olives.
- Sprinkle with cheese or sliced vegan cheese.
- Place in a preheated 425 degree oven.
- Bake until golden on bottom, take out and spray the crust with cooking spray.
- Return to oven, broil to melt cheese and to make it golden, less than a minute.
- Let it rest for 2 minutes and cut.