- 2 tablespoons argo cornstarch
- 2 cups broth or 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped and sauteed in 2 T butter
- 0.5 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (I use Dry Onion Soup Mix Substitute.)
- 2 Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all but 2 T fat drippings from roasting pan.
- Add 2 c broth or water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring to loosen the browned bits.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 c cold water or milk until smooth, stir into pan.
- Stirring constantly, simmer over heat.
- Add in sauteed onions, dry onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.