English recipe traditionally served with sausages. Very good served with all types of poultry and game birds.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the onions and sauté until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and continue to cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the stock, herbs and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook until thickened.
- Partially cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop, stirring from time to time.