Chef #793776's Note:
I went to Roy's and had the most delicious onion gratin. I went on a search, and this is the closest I can find. It is creamy, cheesy and makes a wonderful side dish to any steak or chicken dinner. I used Gruyere cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread the onions onto a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil.
- 2Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the thyme.
- 3Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile heat the heavy cream and wine in a sauce pan until it starts to bubble on the edges.
- 5Transfer the onions to a baking dish and spoon the cream onto them.
- 6Cover in foil and bake for another 35 minutes.
- 7Remove the foil and sprinkle the parmigiano reggiano on top.
- 8Increase the temperature to 450°F and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.8
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g