Recipe by LauraAnne
Amount of each ingredient varies according to your personal taste. This is an extremely lenient steak marinade recipe. Requires some work and time, but in the end is well worth it.
- 1⁄2 an onion
- 3 -5 garlic cloves
- rosemary (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (optional, to taste)
- 1 -3 tablespoon Bourbon or 1 -3 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 lemons or 1 lime
- soya sauce
- 1 -3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -3 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large ziploc bag
- 4 steaks, any cut
Directions See How It's Made
- ~mince onion and garlic and add to bowl.
- ~cut a strip of lemon or lime zest, mince and add to bowl.
- ~add salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic powder and olive oil to bowl, mix all together.
- ~place steaks in Ziploc bag, flat.
- ~rub 1/2 contents of bowl over steaks, flip bag over, and rub other 1/2 over the other side of steaks.
- ~slice lemon or lime center-wise, and place a few rings on top of steaks, only on one side (unless you like slightly more sour steaks).
- ~pour soya sauce over steaks, flip bag and pour some on other side.
- ~add Teriyaki and Worcestershire sauce, and bourbon or whiskey last.
- ~close bag almost all the way, and then squeeze out trapped air - careful to not let marinade out.
- ~place in fridge, flat, for overnight or even 1-3 days for maximum tenderness, and ever so often squish bag and flip it over.