Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty and different. From Bon Appetit
Make and share this Onion Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 8 eggs, large
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 basil leaves, fresh, large, torn into pieces
- 3 sage leaves, large, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese, whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk first seven ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside. Heat oil in a medium-ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in egg mixture. Spoon dollops of ricotta evenly over.
- Cook until frittata begins to set, about 2 minutes. Place in oven, bake until just set, 7-9 minutes. Slide the frittata onto a platter. Cut into wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.