Recipe by evelyn/athens
Great for making sandwiches. This needs 2 1/2 hours for 2 risings.
Top Review by alleycatb
Ive made this several times and cant believe I havent yet reviewed it. There isnt much that can be said for this that making it over and over cant say :) Love it definate keeper. Thanks for an perfect no need to tweek recipe
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Proof yeast in sugar and water for 5 minutes, until foamy.
- Add flour, salt and 3 tblsps olive oil and combine dough well.
- Knead for 2 minutes, form into a ball, transfer to an oiled bowl and turn to coat.
- Let rise, covered with plastic wrap in a warm place, for 1 ½ hours, or until double in size.
- Press dough into 15 ½ X 10 ½ inch oiled jelly-roll pan.
- Cover loosely, put in a warm place and let rise 1 more hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place rack in bottom third.
- In a large bowl, stir together remaining 3 tblsps oil, onions, shallot, scallions, sage, pepper to taste and sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and salt and bake in bottom third of oven for 35-45 minutes, or until golden-brown.