1/2 Photos of Onion Focaccia
Great for making sandwiches. This needs 2 1/2 hours for 2 risings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1Proof yeast in sugar and water for 5 minutes, until foamy.
- 2Add flour, salt and 3 tblsps olive oil and combine dough well.
- 3Knead for 2 minutes, form into a ball, transfer to an oiled bowl and turn to coat.
- 4Let rise, covered with plastic wrap in a warm place, for 1 ½ hours, or until double in size.
- 5Press dough into 15 ½ X 10 ½ inch oiled jelly-roll pan.
- 6Cover loosely, put in a warm place and let rise 1 more hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 8Place rack in bottom third.
- 9In a large bowl, stir together remaining 3 tblsps oil, onions, shallot, scallions, sage, pepper to taste and sprinkle evenly over dough.
- 10Sprinkle with Parmesan and salt and bake in bottom third of oven for 35-45 minutes, or until golden-brown.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (1165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2519.4
- Calories from Fat 786
- Total Fat 87.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 5929.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 377.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 54.2 g