Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another Alton Brown recipe that I have veganized. You won't believe how easy it is to make onion dip from scratch, and how much more flavorful it is than any onion dip you've had before!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegan sour cream (Tofutti)
- 3⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise (Vegenaise)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a saute pan over medium heat add oil, heat and add onions and salt. Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 minutes. Note: it is very important to cook the onions long enough, until they are nice and golden.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Mix the rest of the ingredients, and then add the cooled onions. Refrigerate and stir again before serving. Taste, and add additional seasonings, if desired.
This was really great I love chips and this was a great dip the whole family turned in to pigs not even 12 hours and i need to make a new batch because it is gone and i did not get much thank you I will make this alot