Recipe by evewitch
This is Alton Brown's recipe.
Top Review by jahya
This stuff is simply great! Made this for thanksgiving and everyone raved. I noticed quite a few people commenting about the dip being too light in color, so I cooked my onions to the point of WAY caramelized (took about an hour, cooking them slowly); they were very dark and sort of sticky, but not burned. I also added about a half a teaspoon of worscestershire to mine. The dip turned out a nice, golden color from this. Am making this again for Christmas and probably for many holidays to come.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml diced onions
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- wavy potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and then stir in the cooled onions.
- Refrigerate and stir again before serving.
- Serve with potato chips for dipping.