Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my wife's recipe. I'm not normally a big fan of onion dip, especially the stuff made with soup mix, but this one is a keeper. Prep time does not include time in the fridge.
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup drained nonfat plain yogurt (I use my Yogurt Cheese, Yogurt Cheese - 'Labanee', in Arabic for a thicker consistency)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons dried instant onion (preferably the toasted ones, if you can find them)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight, stirring twice.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chips, crackers, and/or veggies.
We have made this dip twice now, both times cutting the recipe in half. It is so easy to throw together, and is really yummy served with fresh veggies. It is also mild enough to serve as a good base for adding other things, next time I may add some bacon bits. Thanks for a great recipe!
My 12 year old son made this dip today and just raved about it! Thanks!