Prep 15 mins
Cook 21 mins
- 1 1⁄3 lbs onions, halved and chopped (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh sage
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- In a large skillet cook the coarsley chopped onions and salt in hot oil,uncovered over medium heat for 20 minutes or until very soft and slightly browned,stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sage.
- Cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with red onion.
- Serve with chips or crackers.