2 hrs 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray large baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray or a light layer of Crisco in a large nonstick skillet.
- 2Heat oil over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring until tender (5 minutes).
- 3In a large bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- 4In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk and butter to a simmer.
- 5Using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat milk mixture into flour mixture until combined.
- 6At high speed, beat in 1/4 cup flour.
- 7Stir in onion and remaining flour (a bit at a time) until a soft dough forms.
- 8On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes) adding more flour to prevent sticking.
- 9Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- 10Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and form balls.
- 11Place rolls on prepared baking sheet and cover with damp towel.
- 12Allow 50 minutes for rolls to double in size.
- 13Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 14In a small bowl, combine egg and water and brush rolls with glaze.
- 15Bake until golden about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 113.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g