- 2 vidalia sweet onions
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (optional)
- Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, and water with onions.
- Marinate overnight or at least 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, mix mayonnaise, dill and drained onion mixture.
- Spread on crackers.
- * Variation: spread cracker with cream cheese first and then onion mixture.
- **Note: Prep. time does not include the 4-6 hours of marinating.