Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I came up with on the spur of the moment. I was tired of the same old thing.
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix, plus
- 2 tablespoons instant onion
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients; mix well.
- In another small bowl, combine eggs and milk; mix well.
- Dip pork chops into egg mixture, moistening each side.
- Then coat pork chops in flour mix.
- Heat oil in skillet to medium heat. Add chops.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt and pepper over each chop and fry until golden brown on each side.
Very tasty, and tender. Hummm good.
DH and I enjoyed the taste of these pork chops, but they didn't go over very well with the children. Because of this, if I make these again, I'll cut down on the amount of garlic and omit the instant onion.
These were good, but a bit salty. The second time we made them we combined 1/2 the onion soup packet with bread crumbs. It gave a similar texture with a less salty taste.