Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on an envelope of an onion soup mix. This is very quick and easy to make and should take about 15 minutes to make. You can cook this in the oven if you want, but I prefer to cook it on the stove because it is faster that way. You can also use oil, but I like to use the PAM spray because I feel it is much more healthier. This can also be doubled if you have a large family to cook for.
- 2 -3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- butter flavored Pam cooking spray (Or 3 tbsp oil)
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and the 2 tablespoons of water and stir well. In a seperate bowl combine the onion soup mix and the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the pan and spray a good thick coating of PAM spray to the pan, or you can use the oil if you prefer.
- Cut the chicke breasts in half. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then dip them ito the breadcrumb mixture. Dip them into the eggs again and a second time into the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Cook in the hot pan for about 5-7 minutes and turn over. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
I love the idea of the onion soup mix as breading. It smelled really cook whlie frying. My only problem was that the breading burnt before the chicken cooked all the way through. Aside from the slightly charred taste, the onion lended a nice flavor and it was definitely very simple. I'm going to try it again and see if I can perfect it next time.