Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Skillet corn bread with onions
Make and share this Onion Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Chop the onion and sautee it in the skillet with the butter.
- (It's more butter than you need for the onion, but it will all go into the mix.) In a bowl, fully mix the dry ingredients.
- Separately, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Combine the egg and milk mixture and the sauteed onions and butter with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mix into the skillet.
- Place the skillet in a 400 degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Enjoy it with honey.
This was terrific. The addition of the sauteed onion gave a nice change from ordinary corn bread.This went great with a pot of spicey chili on a cold winter night.