Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a dish that I just came up with to help my father on his low carb diet. He wanted fried chicken and macaroni and cheese, but as we all know, that's a BIG no no for low carbers. So, I thought for a little bit and made this!
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line a square baking dish with foil (I use release foil, but if you don't have it just grease your foil with butter).
- Cut the califlower into florets and place in the prepared pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium-high heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses, salt, pepper, curry powder, and paprika.
- Pour over the califlower and stir to coat.
- Place the crushed onions on a plate and beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, and then press both sides into the onion.
- Place on top of the chicken, cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
We made this because we were really craving mac and cheese. I think this needed a little something else in the cheese sauce to give it more substance. I'm thinking maybe next time I will add a bit of cream cheese. I'm not sure about the curry. I love curry a lot, but I don't think it really fit in with the dish. It didn't taste like mac and cheese, but more like Chicken Divan, but with cauliflower instead of broccoli. (Which was just fine, because I had been craving that too!) But in all, this was a very good dish and I think I can make a change or two to really suit our tastes! Thanks for posting!
This was a great meal!! We cut up the chicken into nuggets so are 4 year old son would eat it. We also mashed the Califlower so that it would look like mash potatoes and so that are 4 year old would eat it. All in all it was a great meal and we will be making it again.