Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty unique quick bread to serve with any meal to make it heartier.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Saute onion in shortening until golden.
- Mix egg and milk in a bowl; blend in biscuit mix.
- Add onions and half of the cheese.
- Spread dough in a greased 8 inch round baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and poppy seed.
- Sprinkle melted butter over all.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
An easy recipe to prepare. Doesn't take long at all, and it is hearty. We liked the flavor of the onions and cheese. I served it with pinto beans and green onions. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Karen.