Recipe by Dancer^
This is a fairly easy "go with" for any number of dishes. With smaller mushrooms this can also be used as an appetizer or finger-food snack. For a small number of stuffed mushrooms you can just as easily use a toaster oven.
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the mushrooms (I wash them; some just rub them clean).
- Pop out the stems to leave a nice clean cap.
- Set the caps aside in a lightly greased oven pan (some oil will leak out while cooking so make certain the pan has sides all around).
- Chop the stems and a bit of onion.
- Chop them fine.
- In a mixing bowl, mix up a generous amount of parmesan cheese, spices to taste, the cheddar cheese, the sautéed stems and onion (along with the oil).
- Add cracker crumbs and more oil until the mixture can be molded with your hands and tends to stick together.
- You'll have to experiment a bit here to find the exact mix.
- The key is getting it to stick together.
- Divide up the mixture and place it into each of the mushroom caps.
- Fill each cap, pressing down to make certain the mixture fills all the nooks and crannies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- You want to make certain everything is hot clear through and the cheese melted.
- Serve hot.