- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 cups milk, scalded
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, lightly packed, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento, diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups soft stale bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until soft and golden (do not brown). Add milk, beaten eggs.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish and set in pan containing 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake in preheated slow oven (325 degrees) for 50 minutes, or until firm.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Cut in squares and serve hot.