Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Savoury pie that can be eaten hot or cold. Makes a quick & easy meal with a salad of your choice.
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 (420 g) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Line pie plate with pastry.
- Sauté onion in butter until tender; spread over pastry.
- Spread cheese over onion in pie pan.
- Blend 3 eggs slightly beaten, plain flour and mustard.
- Beat, making sure mixture is smooth.
- Add undiluted can of soup, and 1/2 cup milk; stir until blended.
- Pour over cheese & onion.
- Bake 40 - 60 minutes in preheated oven at 350° F OR 180° Celsius.
- Finished when firm to the touch, and light brown on top.
- Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
pretty tasty considering all. i added a bit of dill, garlic, salt and pepper and i'm glad i did. took 20 min longer to cook then stated here and still was a bit soft. perhaps if done with corn starch instead of flour it would solidify better.
this time i used corn starch instead and used about 2 Tbs of dijon as well as the spices. used low fat soup and cheese and a hashbrown crust which worked nicely. next time i may add some mushrooms and maybe celery to the sautéing onions and parmesan on top. if you let the onions cool a bit you can mix all of the filling right in the pan and have the whole thing more evenly flavored with less dishes