Recipe by jenny butt
Delicious savoury pie that can be eaten hot or cold--goes well with a salad of your choice.
- 1 sheet pastry dough
- 1 large onion
- 1 (440 g) can mushroom soup, condensed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line pie pan with pastry.
- Sauté finely diced onion in butter until tender.
- Spread over pastry.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over onion.
- Blend eggs slightly beaten, flour and mustard.
- Stir in mushroom soup (undiluted) and milk.
- Pour over cheese and onion.
- Bake 40-60 minutes.
- Let stand 20 minutes before serving.