Recipe by Nimue2
Delicious as a side dish with plain meats such as roasts. Also makes a great light lunch.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine buttermilk& egg.
- Stir in bicuit mix, onion, 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9" round baking pan.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheese.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes or til golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut into wedges.