Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is adapted from a recipe that came with my Toastmaster Breadmaker. It was for onion bread, I added the cheese. The bread is a light brown color because of the onion soup mix. This makes a 1 1/2 lb loaf.
- 236.59 ml water (80 degrees f)
- 29.58 ml oil
- 29.58 ml dry onion soup mix
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 11.09 ml dry yeast (I use a 1/4oz envelope)
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese (I used parmesan)
- add first 5 ingredients into the bread maker in order.
- Use a spoon to level out the flour, then sprinle yeast on top of flour.
- Set machine to Basic setting.
- When the "add in" beeper beeps, add in cheese.
- Let it bake and enjoy!
Just made for DH, used fine shredded cheddar. He loves it!!
This was really good. It makes wonderful toast and I even used it to make croutons. They were awesome. My kids ate most of them before I could get the salad made. Its really wonderful with chili or beans.
This made a very tasty loaf of bread with a great texture. I made the recipe as written, but had to add another 3 tablespoons of water as I thought the dough was a bit dry after the initial kneading. Made the dough in the bread machine and then baked it in the oven. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!