Recipe by Katt
This recipe is based on a packaged biscuit mix. Its quick and simple to make. The recipe is from Land O'Lakes
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces) or 4 ounces American cheese, shredded,divided
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds, divided
- thinly sliced onion, cooked (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8 x 1 1/2-inch round baking pan.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl stir together the milk, egg, and minced onions.
- Add biscuit mix; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seed.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and remaining poppy seed.
- If desired, arrange cooked onion on top.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center of bread comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- *Note:For cooked onion, cook 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion in 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.