Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet; add onion, and cook until transparent.
- Combine onion mixture, biscuit mix, parsley, egg, 1/2 cup cheese and milk, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into a lightly-greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Great flavor. Followed the recipe but baked the bread in a round cake pan and cut it into pie-shaped wedges to serve. Not only tastes good, but makes a pretty presentation.
Mmmmmm, really good! I used butter, Bisquik and dried parsley, and omitted the egg. The bread was done after 20 minutes of baking. While this definitely wasn't low fat, it sure tasted good enough to compensate for that! ;) Thanks carolinafan, your recipe has been sitting in my cookbook for a while now, and I'm glad I finally decided to try it!