Recipe by MizzNezz
A very nice bread, a break from the same ol', same ol'. My guys really love this.
Top Review by Bergy
Mizz Nezz I just has this wonderful onion cheese bread to compliment a seafood chowder and it was heaven! I didn't make it, Derf did but it was so perfect that I had to review it! She sliced lovely 1/2" slices and toasted them - just a perfect companion with the seafood chowder. It is in my cookbook now!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chopped onion in half of the butter.
- Stir together milk and egg.
- Add biscuit mix, onion mixture, and 1/2 the cheese.
- Spread batter in greased 8-inch round pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Melt remaining butter, drizzle over mixture.
- Bake at 400°F degrees about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.