Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
This is another nice combination for a brunch or snack. It will puff up while baking then settle as it cools. I use bleu cheese and extra sharp cheddar but use any kind you like best. Preparation time includes browning bacon and onions.
- 1 (9 inch) tart shells
- 1 medium onion, sliced paper thin and browned
- 4 slices bacon, diced, browned and drained
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated fine
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chervil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese. Beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat again until well mixed.
- Stir in herbs.
- Pour half cheese mixture into tart shell. Lay cooked onions and bacon on filling.
- Pour remaining filling over all.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.