1/1 Photo of Onion Cheddar Quick Bread
I needed a recipe for a cheddar quick bread for our local fair. This one looked really good so I'm going to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium frying pan, sauté chopped onions in butter.
- 2Set aside to cool while mixing the bread ingredients.
- 3Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 4In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Cut in shortening.
- 6Mix in milk until mixture is just moist and dough like.
- 7Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and pat it down into a rectangle.
- 8Spread the onions and cheese over the dough, setting aside a small amount of onion to cover the loaf.
- 9Roll dough up like a jellyroll. Pinch seams and sides together.
- 10Place loaf in greased loaf pan.
- 11Bake at 425 F for 30 minutes or until done. Serve hot for best flavor.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Cheddar Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1988.0
- Calories from Fat 919
- Total Fat 102.2 g
- Saturated Fat 43.9 g
- Cholesterol 146.0 mg
- Sodium 5117.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 221.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 47.5 g