Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a nice, simple, tasty dish that I have been bringing to potlucks for twenty-five years! I often make several at one time, and freeze the extras.
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked frozen pie crusts
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Saute onions in butter.
- Beat eggs & add milk, salt, pepper, basil and onions.
- Divide cheese in half, and spread evenly in bottom of each piecrust.
- Pour milk mixture over cheese in both pies.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to set 5 minutes before serving.
One of my favorite dishes ever. I add 2 medium zucchini's and use 4 eggs instead of 3. Occasionally I reduce the milk just a tiny bit as well. <br/>Absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing!
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007 This was a great spring-board recipe...I would add some cooked bacon or ham next time around.
an 'ok' basic quiche on the surface...However, when the liquid portion is divided amongst two pies, it looks under-filled...upon baking it still looks markedly under-filled...most quiches I've made use about the same amount of eggs and milk as this one but for a ONE pie recipe NOT two...for two pies I'd be inclined to increase the egg content to 4 eggs...