Recipe by Nankie
This is a nice, simple, tasty dish that I have been bringing to potlucks for twenty-five years! I often make several at one time, and freeze the extras.
Top Review by everythingsdarling
One of my favorite dishes ever. I add 2 medium zucchini's and use 4 eggs instead of 3. Occasionally I reduce the milk just a tiny bit as well. <br/>Absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing!
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked frozen pie crusts
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter.
- Beat eggs & add milk, salt, pepper, basil and onions.
- Divide cheese in half, and spread evenly in bottom of each piecrust.
- Pour milk mixture over cheese in both pies.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to set 5 minutes before serving.