Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great with grilled burgers or as a side dish with anything. My mother-in-law found this one somewhere.
- 4 large sweet onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, divided
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 50 Ritz crackers
- Sauté the onions in 1/4 cup of butter.
- Crush the crackers and mix them with 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Spread 3/4 of the cracker crumbs on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Put the sautéed onions on top of crackers.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then add in the cheese on top of the onions.
- Mix together 3 beaten eggs with the cup of milk and pour it over the cheese.
- Add remaining 1/4 cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 to 40 minutes.