Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Ricardo. This is not a regular cappuccino. It gives 12 espresso cups of each 1/4 cup.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon coffee beans, roughly crushed
- 3 onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil, grilled
- Soup: In a casserole, bring milk to boil. Remove casserole from the heat. Add coffee. Cover and let infuse 10 minutes. Line a strainer of 2 thickness cheesecloth. Strain the milk. Set aside.
- In a casserole, brown onions at low heat in butter until caramelized. Onions must caramelized slowly and be near the consistency of a puree. Sprinkle with flour. Stir well. Add milk and bring to boil.
- In blender, reduce in a creamy puree. Add salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- Froth milk: In a little casserole, bring milk and sesame oil to boil. Remove from heat. With a hand mixer, froth the milk.
- Pour the onion cream in espresso cups. Garnish with froth milk. Add pepper.
I am afraid that we did not care for this too much. I think it would be an excellent gravy over roast beef, but neither as a beverage or as a soup do we think its very good by itself. We rated it three because I think as gravy it would be a 4.