Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is probably my favorite comfort food of all time. I've been making this for years. Filling, warm, and tasty. And very easy on the budget. I serve it with mashed potatoes. Sure to please any red blooded meat and potato lover.
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, half of the onion, salt and pepper.
- Form into 12 small patties.
- In a large skillet, over med high heat, brown patties in batches on both sides.
- Set browned patties aside.
- Pour off all but about 2 tbs fat from pan.
- Turn heat down to med, and sauté remaining onions until soft.
- Pour undrained mushrooms into pan, bring to a boil, stirring to loosen brown bits on bottom of pan.
- Add mushroom soup, cook and stir until smooth and hot.
- Return burgers to the pan into the mushroom soup mixture, making sure that all burgers are coated.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer covered until patties are cooked through, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes).
- Turn off heat, remove lid, and stir in parsley if using.
- Let stand uncovered for a couple of minutes to thicken slightly.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or buttered noodles.
- If you are watching your carbs, try it over mashed cauliflower.