Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
This is probably my favorite comfort food of all time. I've been making this for years. Filling, warm, and tasty. And very easy on the budget. I serve it with mashed potatoes. Sure to please any red blooded meat and potato lover.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (undrained)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, half of the onion, salt and pepper.
- Form into 12 small patties.
- In a large skillet, over med high heat, brown patties in batches on both sides.
- Set browned patties aside.
- Pour off all but about 2 tbs fat from pan.
- Turn heat down to med, and sauté remaining onions until soft.
- Pour undrained mushrooms into pan, bring to a boil, stirring to loosen brown bits on bottom of pan.
- Add mushroom soup, cook and stir until smooth and hot.
- Return burgers to the pan into the mushroom soup mixture, making sure that all burgers are coated.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer covered until patties are cooked through, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes).
- Turn off heat, remove lid, and stir in parsley if using.
- Let stand uncovered for a couple of minutes to thicken slightly.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or buttered noodles.
- If you are watching your carbs, try it over mashed cauliflower.