Recipe by Mirj
Like onions? These burgers are for you! Just don't be disappointed if people don't want to kiss you after eating one of these. By the way, they're low fat!
Top Review by CountryLady
I'm not a big burger fan but these were excellent! The only change I made was to cook them on the BBQ. They held together well - you just have to be careful when turning. Thanx Mirj!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute 10 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon onion into a bowl and let cool.
- Add beef, pepper, and egg white to onion, and stir well.
- Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping into 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Sprinkle salt evenly over surface of skillet.
- Heat salt in skillet over high heat 2 minutes.
- Add patties.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until done.